When it comes to to marketing, content is king! The Content Marketing Institute defines as “a marketing technique of creating and distributing valuable, relevant ad consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.” In other words, it is about being helpful to customers making buying decisions.
Content is the Present – and Future of Marketing
The key here is value. Anyone can post piece after piece of content, clogging up people’s inboxes or content streams, but content marketing is about strategically creating content (whether it’s an eye-catching infographic, viral video, or ebook) that helps potential clients get to know your business and see the value of your expertise.
And if there’s any doubt about the importance content plays in digital marketing, know that more than 70 percent of marketers say that creating relevant content was the most effective SEO tactic, according to a 2015 study by Ascend2.
There are hundreds of content types to use in marketing, but it’s important to understand how to use them to effectively answer consumers’ questions. The goal is to match the message to the most effective form of content to enhance your overall strategy.
Top 10 Content Pieces Perfect for SEO
- Blog posts (with regular updates and republishing)
- Short form evergreen content and articles
- Articles with an image once every 75-100 words got double the number of social shares than articles with fewer images.
- Long form articles
- Photo and visual galleries
- Visual content is 40x more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content
- Detailed list of information
- Interactive tools
- Comprehensive category teasers
- Mutli-page guides
- Visual data or infographics
- Infographics are like and shared on social media 3x more than nay other type of content
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it
Need to learn more about content marketing? Give us a call at 904.359.4318, or fill out our contact form.
Also, don’t forget to download our Guide to Digital Marketing for the latest insights.
Like what you read? Looking for additional tips and tricks to help your small or medium-sized business succeed? Check out more of our blog posts here.
At Times-Union Media, we can help grow your business. We offer a full suite of digital marketing services that reach real customers who want to do business with you. Not only do we have proven local capabilities along the First Coast, but also because we are part of GateHouse Media™, we have extensive technology and resources at our disposal for your success.